The post ‘Wealthy Affiliate For Beginners’ will show you what you can learn and accomplish when you become Wealthy Affiliate free member. Learn how to build a website in 30 seconds, learn how to write ‘reviews’, learn what it takes to rank high in Google and other search engines. For $0.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is the best online training academy in the world that will teach you how to build online business and earn money with online Affiliate Marketing.
Are you interested in joining Wealthy Affiliate and learning how to benefit from your hobbies and passions? You can learn a lot (and earn money) as a starter WA member! (for $0)
First, there are some different types of Wealthy Affiliate memberships!
- Free (starter) – the one I am going to describe on this page ($0)
- First month premium offer ($19 only if you upgrade to premium in first 7 days after joining Wealthy Affiliate) – RECOMMENDED
- Monthly Premium membership ($49)
- Yearly Premium membership ($359 / or $29.91 per month)
- Yearly Premium membership Black Friday offer ($299 / or $24.91 per month) – The best value – The membership I am using). However, you will have to bear in mind that this is a limited offer, lasts only from November 24 – 27 – STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
Wealthy Affiliate for beginners – Who it is for?
WA Free course is designed for newbies with no experience in the world of online affiliate marketing.
Free membership is for people who are interested in making money online, and to understand how the entire process works, from building first free website, choosing a niche and building a niche website to the process of the keyword research!
You’re automatically enrolled in the free membership as soon as you join Wealthy Affiliate.
With Wealthy Affiliate free membership you will learn first steps towards building your online business.
See screenshot below and compare Free vs Premium membership!
For now, I will focus on Wealthy Affiliate for beginners – Free WA membership benefits!
Wealthy Affiliate for beginners – General overview about what you will get as a free member
As a free Wealthy Affiliate member you are going to get…
- Access to Phase 1 in WA Certification Course (video tutorials included)
- Access to Phase 1 in WA Affiliate Bootcamp (video tutorials included)
- Access to live chat (first 7 days)
- Access to 2 Free Classrooms (Getting started and WA Affiliate Program)
- 2 Free Siterubix.com websites
- 12 Free themes to choose for your website
- Access to Site Content writing platform within WA
- Free keyword research – 30 free searches in their own made keyword research tool called Jaaxy
- Possibility to earn money with WA Affiliate program
I will describe each section in details so you can have an ‘in’ what is it all about!
WA Certification course Phase / Level 1 (FREE)
Wealthy Affiliate created this free course to teach people and give an insight how to profit from something they are passionate about. What this means is that you will learn how to take your hobby or interest and build a business from it.
Level 1 Free Certification course is called ‘Getting started’.
Level 1 has 10 lessons, and 27 tasks that are included within 10 lessons. Short description about each lesson is below. Level 1 will teach you:
- How to get rolling – You will have a quick look at how you will be creating success (4 steps), how to complete your account set up, and to understand membership outcomes
- Understanding how to make money online – info graphic about how online affiliate marketing works, you will learn how to create (write down) your financial goals, you will have the chance to join the discussion with other members about money goals
- You will learn what is a niche and how to choose a niche (you can read my post ‘What is a niche website’ to have better understanding about the term ‘niche’)
- You will learn how to build your first niche website – in this lesson you will learn how to choose your domain (your website.com,.org., .net), your website name, and website design)
- You will learn how to set up your website – in this lesson you will learn how to log in to your website, how to activate and update plugins and how to delete default posts, pages and comments that are included within any website
- Getting your site ready for search engines – you will learn how to install ALL-IN-ONE SEO plugin, how to add home title and home description for your website
- Creating custom menus to your website – you will learn how to create custom menus & navigation on your website
- Understanding keywords, the start of your content – you will learn about keywords, how to connect Jaaxy (powerful keyword platform created by WA owners Kyle and Carson) to your free membership, you will learn what are the rules of a quality keyword
- Perks of being premium member – this is a breaking point. If you are serious about building your online business, then you will upgrade to premium membership!
WA certification course has 5 phases total. To unlock other Phases (2-5) you must upgrade to premium membership. I will give you a small hint about what is every Phase about!
Level 2 – Creating a traffic producing website – 10 lessons, 36 tasks total
Level 3 – How to make money on your website – 10 lessons, 28 tasks total
Level 4 – Becoming a master of social engagement – 10 lessons , 40 tasks total
Level 5 – Creating content for maximum achievement – 10 lessons, 36 tasks total
I will not go into detail about every Phase. First you have to complete a free Phase / Level 1 to know if this is something you want to continue with.
WA Affiliate boot camp Phase / Level 1 (Free)
This Free training course will teach you how to promote Wealthy Affiliate if you cannot decide on a niche (what is your biggest hobby, passion or interest).
In this Phase you will learn to promote Wealthy Affiliate platform and earn monthly commission for each upgraded referral.
Level 1 Free WA Affiliate boot camp course is called ‘Getting your business rolling’.
Level 1 has 10 lessons and 31 task that are included within 10 lessons. Short description about each lesson is below. Free WA Affiliate boot camp Level 1 will teach you:
- How to add your affiliate goals in terms of referrals – your potential and commission structure, how you can become super affiliate and travel to Las Vegas with Wealthy Affiliate
- Choosing your direction – how to choose your targeted audience for Wealthy Affiliate, how to choose brand direction for your website
- How to build your website – in this lesson you will learn how to choose domain (your website.com,.org., .net), website name, and website design, you will learn how to build website in 30 seconds
- A website look around – you will learn how to delete ‘dummy’ page or post, how to update your website (if there are any updates available), how to navigate at the ‘back office’ of your website (in your WordPress dashboard)
- Activating plugins – you will learn what are plugins (there are thousands of plugins for every WordPress website), how to activate plugins
- Getting your website ready for SEO – introduction to Search Engine Optimization (SEO), how to set up your website for SEO
- Understanding the keyword research process – you will learn why are keywords important for online business, what tools you need to find keywords, how to connect Jaaxy (powerful keyword platform created by WA owners Kyle and Carson) to your free account, your first BIGGER lesson about Keyword research
- Creating thoughtful, insightful reviews – the most important aspect of a good review, how to choose a title for your review, you will learn how to create your personal Wealthy Affiliate review and how to publish it
- The exciting journey has begun – your accomplishments in the first free 10 lessons, EARNING POTENTIAL PREDICTION AND CALCULATION FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF YEARS (if you decide to continue), benefits of going premium.
Lesson 10 is a breaking point. If you are serious about building your online business, it is strongly recommended upgrading your account to premium membership.
WA Affiliate Bootcamp has 7 phases / levels total. To unlock other Phases (2-7) you must upgrade to premium membership. I will give you a small hint about what is every Phase about!
Level 2 – Content, keywords, and conversions – 10 lessons, 30 tasks total
Level 3 – Creating social value for your website – 10 lessons, 30 tasks total
Level 4 – Getting visual with media branding – 10 lessons, 26 tasks total
Level 5 – Understanding your audience and referrals – 10 lessons, 49 tasks total
Level 6 – Bing, Yahoo and the power of PPC – 10 lessons, 32 tasks total
Level 7 – Create successful PPC campaigns – 10 lessons, 30 tasks total
I will not go into detail about every Phase / level. First you have to complete Phase / Level 1 to know if this is something you want to continue with.
Free access to live chat (first 7 days)
As a free member you can communicate with other members. When you log to your Wealthy Affiliate dashboard, you can see live chat on the right side of the screen.
If you click on the live chat in the main menu, live chat window will be much bigger.
You can type anything in the live chat area and simply hit ENTER.
Live chat is available 24/7.
If you do not receive answer to your question, you can ask again after a few minutes. It happens very rarely, but it can happen from time to time. Be patient.
Live chat is very fast, and many people have discussion at the same time.
The purpose of the live chat?
- To get a quick response and answers for issues that might concern you
- To ask for feedback
- To introduce yourself
- Share knowledge about particular topic or multiple topics
- Make friendships
- In general, to talk about ANYTHING
Negative side of the live chat is that it can be really distracting. Personally, I use live chat from time to time, not too often. It is mostly when I need a super-fast answer.
Once your ‘Free trial’ expires after 7 days, you will not have access to the chat anymore and you will receive notification about that!
2 Free Classrooms (Getting started and The Wealthy Affiliate Platform)
Classrooms are another great aspect of Wealthy Affiliate support and community. As a free member you have access to 2 Free classrooms (Getting started and The Wealthy Affiliate Platform).
Each classroom include discussions about some topic or subject, tutorials, video tutorials, various courses and lessons!
If you enter each classroom, you will see a list of all the current discussions within that classroom.
Discussions with little flames on the left represent the most recent discussion. If you are familiar with that topic you can join the discussion immediately.
Even inside 2 Free Classrooms you can receive ton of help. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Unlike live chat which you can use for 7 days as a free member, you can use these 2 Classrooms forever if you decide to stay free member!
You can build 2 Free Siterubix.com websites
Nowadays, it takes literally 30 seconds to build a website. There is no technical knowledge required.
Within Wealthy Affiliate, you can build 50 websites total (25 on Siterubix.com domain, 25 on your own domain). As a starter member, you can build 2 Free websites with Siterubix.com website builder.
Free Siterubix website builder is located right here.
When you click on the blue Siterubix button, new menu window will open. It has 7 features. As a starter member, you have access to:
- Site Manager
- Site Builder
- Site Domains
- Site Content
As you can see, the last 3 menus are available for premium members only. I will give you a little hint for each free menu that you can use as a free member.
Although Site Builder is not the first in line, you will go here first if you want to build a website.
When you click on the website builder, you have 3 options.
- To build a website on a free domain (the only option for starter members)
- To build a website on a domain you own (for premium members)
- Register (buy) a domain (for premium members)
You can read my post ‘How to build website free in 30 seconds or less’.
Once you have built a website, you can easily access your site manager. Screenshots are below.
There is also the ‘DETAILS’ button on the right.
As a free member you will have access to ‘Security site’ only as shown in the image below.
If you upgrade to premium membership you will have access to:
- Site Health
- Site Comments – you can request comments for pages / posts. They improve your website rankings in the search engines!
- Site Feedback – the most powerful feature because you will receive constructive feedback about your website). People will tell you their own opinion about what they think you need to change on your website to be more attractive to your visitors.
- Site Support – as a premium member you will have 24/7 access to technical support when you need one. Support staff will usually respond within 5-10 minutes.
You can purchase your own domain name at a very reasonable price (only $13.99 / year).
Ideally, you want to have your website.com (this one ranks the best), .org or.net domain because they rank higher and better in search engines than Siterubix.com sub domains.
When you have your own domain, nobody else can purchase it, and your website will have increased value.
Simply click on Site Domains menu. Type your ideal domain name in the search box and see if it is available.
Then simply go to checkout process and buy the domain.
This is a very powerful writing platform created by Wealthy Affiliate owners Kyle and Carson. This is the ultimate platform for authors and webmasters and it is available for both starter and premium members.
Site Content writing platform features:
- Grammar and spelling checks
- Duplicate content checks
- Word count
- Setting writing goals
- Google Indexing
- It publishes content directly to your website
- Site Content features over 1 000 000 free high quality images that you can put on your website
- …and much more
The Site Content dashboard is overview of your content, both published and unpublished.
When you log in to your dashboard you will see statistics about number of written words, and templates that are featured within Site Content writing platform.
If you have never published page or post, do not be discouraged.
You don’t have to be a professional writer to write and publish the content on your website. You simply need to know how to communicate. Write articles naturally, just as you would talk to your friends or family.
You can also access a video tutorial from Kyle about how to use Site Content writing platform on the upper right corner.
Wealthy Affiliate for beginners – 30 Free keyword researches with Jaaxy
Jaaxy is the ultimate keyword research platform created by Kyle and Carson. Jaaxy was connected a couple of weeks ago into Wealthy Affiliate platform.
Before they put them together, it was a standalone tool. Jaaxy is now integrated with Wealthy Affiliate for both starter and premium members.
Nowadays you can connect Jaaxy to your Wealthy Affiliate account based on your membership.
There are 4 memberships within Jaaxy account.
- Jaaxy Starter
- Jaaxy Lite (NEW MEMBERSHIP)
- Jaaxy Pro
- Jaaxy Enterprise
As a starter (FREE) member you will have access to 30 free keyword researches, possibility to save keywords in 2 keyword lists, and 30 Site Rank scans.
If you decide to become premium Wealthy Affiliate member, you will have free access to Lite Jaaxy membership.
I am using Lite Jaaxy version.
Lite version is already included in your Wealthy Affiliate premium membership and it is more than enough to move your business in the right direction.
In the past that was not possible because there were no Jaaxy memberships connected to WA premium members. It is an excellent move from Kyle and Carson, because you can save even more money.
So, Lite version is the brand new membership that is offered to WA premium members and it is FREE from now on! Thank you guys!
For me personally, this version is more than enough to successfully perform keyword research, and to check my site rankings in the search engines for specific keywords. That is all I need.
Here is an example for 1 (out of 30) free keyword researches.
I can also check QSR (competition) to see if there are too many ranked pages in Google for specific keywords I am looking for. I can also save as many keywords as I want in the 25 saved keyword lists.
Lite Version has more extra features than Starter (free) version, and if you decide to go premium with Wealthy Affiliate, this version will be more than enough for you.
Pro and Enterprise version offer more features, more speed, more searches, more scans, as well as more platforms. These versions are for expert and elite affiliate marketers.
I will not go into details about keyword research here because you will learn about keywords in both WA certification course (lesson 9) and WA Affiliate boot camp (lesson 9).
Here is an example for 2 (out of 30) free site rank scans. As you can see my website is ranked high in search engines (1st and 2nd position) for pages / posts with targeted keyword ‘How To Recognize Scam PTC sites’.
Here is another example. As you can see my website is ranked on the 1st position in all search engines for the page with targeted keyword ‘Travel To Las Vegas With Wealthy Affiliate’.
I hope these screenshots gave you an example of how powerful Jaaxy really is.
You can have 20 keyword researches as a free member. Once you create a page or a post, you can check your position in Google (30 times) as it is shown from the screenshots above.
WA Affiliate program – Opportunity to earn money as a free member
As a free member you can earn money by referring others to Wealthy Affiliate. But you need to know that you will earn 50% lower commissions as a starter member. As a premium member you will earn 2x higher commissions.
Here are some basic features of WA Affiliate Program for starter members:
- Affiliate banners
- Earnings calculator
- Affiliate tracking ID
- Training course (Affiliate Bootcamp) – 1st Level / Phase
- Messages for your referrals (auto-responder messages)
- Payment settings for your PayPal account
- Wealthy Affiliate comparison tables (compare Wealthy Affiliate to other programs or services)
- Siterubix Website Plugin
- You can promote Jaaxy as a free member and earn commissions
- Possibility to Travel to Las Vegas with Wealthy Affiliate
As you can see, you have opportunity to earn money and succeed even as a starter member without paying a dime. You cannot ask for more.
However, success with Wealthy Affiliate and affiliate marketing is not instant, and it will require work!
This is not a ‘Get-rich-quick’ program. Far from it.
Nobody will ever force you to become premium member, but there are many benefits of going premium.
You will earn 2x higher commission as premium member, and you will unlock 6 premium levels in Affiliate Bootcamp and 4 premium levels in Certification course.
These premium features are crucial for your online business.
If you are ready to learn, work hard, and create full time income with Wealthy Affiliate, you are in the right place.
Please watch WA Affiliate program free video presentation from Kyle (WA co-founder).
Use search bar to find quick answers
In the upper section you can find the search bar. You can type anything you want inside. You will find information about basically anything that you think might be relevant for building online business.
It can be anything from SEO to Keyword research.
When you type something inside search bar, there will be two columns.
This column means that you can find training inside Wealthy Affiliate about the term that you entered in the search box.
In most cases, training was created by Kyle, Carson or Jay Neill from Magi Studios (Wealthy Affiliate live training coach).
But there is also a lot of training created by top Wealthy Affiliate earners and ambassadors. You can learn incredible stuff created by top 200 ambassadors within Wealthy Affiliate.
Note: if you see gray ‘Premium’ button, that means you cannot read it as a free member. You must be a premium member to see the training.
This means that WA member has a blog (which can be similar to training) about that particular topic. You can read blogs as a free member. However, you cannot ask questions or create a blog as a free member.
You have to upgrade to premium first!
How can you take advantage of the free Wealthy Affiliate Membership?
Being able to take advantage of the Wealthy Affiliate free starter account is a big deal. Why? Because you will have an ‘in’ what is Wealthy Affiliate about before you invest money!
I said it before and I’ll say it again: Programs that offer free ‘Test drive’ (possibility to join and explore the program for free) are the most stable, rock-solid programs.
And Wealthy Affiliate absolutely belongs in this category, 100%.
Heck, when you join Wealthy Affiliate, you don’t even need to enter payment information. It’s 100% free.
No, you don’t need to enter credit card information. That is the beauty of Wealthy Affiliate, because it is not free trial, it is free membership.
When other programs have ‘Free trial’ you are almost always required to enter credit card information, so they can bill your credit card after the trial expires!
When you join Wealthy Affiliate, the only thing that you will have to enter is your real name, and valid e-mail address. And that is it.
If you decide to switch to premium in the future, then of course you will have to enter your debit / credit card information, or valid Paypal address if you use PayPal as a payment processor.
PayPal is the safest and most popular online wallet in the word with more than 200 million users.
If you don’t have PayPal account, I strongly recommend to create it. Wealthy Affiliate sends payments via PayPal.
Also, other affiliate programs (majority) will send payments via PayPal.
No upsells, no additional costs
The best thing about Wealthy Affiliate is that there is no upsells! Once you decide to become premium member, they will not charge you any additional costs like many other programs do!
For those of you who don’t know what an upsell means, it is an additional cost for various training modules inside particular platform or service!
Many other platforms charge you an extra fee (which can cost even hundreds of dollars) per training module so that completing the full training leaves you with the hole in your wallet!
What it means is that many programs will charge you to pay an extra fee even if you already upgraded an account.
If you decide to go premium with Wealthy Affiliate, you get 100% of the training with no upsells (it doesn’t matter if you choose monthly or yearly membership), and you will have everything available. How great is that?
Wealthy Affiliate for beginners – Is free membership worth it?
YES! Absolutely! In my opinion free membership includes more than enough to start learning about your income potential. You can benefit a lot from free membership.
You can remain a free member for as long as you wish, however, there will be some limitations.
After 7 days, access to live chat will be limited, you will have limitations to Live video classes (I strongly recommend to watch live video classes if you become Premium member), you will have access to 2 classrooms (out of 12), 1st Phase in certification course (out of 5), 1st Phase in WA Bootcamp (out of 7).
Also, private messaging to WA owners Kyle and Carson will be locked!
All in all, as a free member you can build 2 free websites, learn how to write quality and interesting reviews, learn about keyword research, and possibility to earn money with affiliate boot camp by promoting Wealthy Affiliate and Jaaxy.
For a free membership, that is more than enough. You cannot ask for more.
Please read my full Wealthy Affiliate review on this page – Is Wealthy Affiliate university a scam?
You can also join Wealthy Affiliate free by clicking on this link.
I hope this tutorial helped you. I had a lot of fun writing it.
Feel free to post them below. I will be happy to help you out.
I hope to see you inside Wealthy Affiliate.